Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro on Friday slammed recent U.S. missile strikes against a Syrian airbase, calling the attacks “illegal” and “in violation of international law,” VTV reports.
Drawing parallels between aggression against Syria and Venezuela, the Bolivarian Revolution leader said U.S. imperialism “is based on lies in order to undertake its interventions against nations,” citing Libya and Iraq as other examples. Expressing solidarity with Syria, he also said his country “will never be silent against injustice, war and death.”
Both countries, according to Maduro, are being attacked by internal “extremist” forces attempting to destabilize their nations for U.S. imperial interests.
In Venezuela, these destabilizing forces take the form of right-wing protests and political maneuvers.
Since Tuesday, right-wing opposition protesters have been attacking National Guard and police officers with sticks, rocks and trash cans in the socialist country’s capital. The riots were organized in protest against a recent decision by the Supreme Court to temporarily assume some responsibilities of the National Assembly as long as the legislature continued to be “in contempt” of the constitution, a ruling that was eventually overturned.
The country’s opposition-controlled National Assembly also backs the protests, going as far as calling on the U.S. Congress to “take action” against Venezuela’s democratically-elected government. During a Thursday meeting with senators in Washington D.C., Venezuelan opposition leader Julio Borges called on the U.S. government to implement “major pressure” against Maduro’s administration.
In Syria, those calling for renewed U.S. intervention are acting as forces of destabilization, Maduro said.
“I call on the conscience of the world, the conscience of humanity, to stop this extremist vision of the world,” Maduro added.
U.S.-backed aggression against Venezuela has intensified so much that the country’s Bolivarian Armed Forces is bracing for possible conflict in the near future. In response to U.S. Southern Command threats made against Venezuela promising regime change, the socialist country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense are calling for global attention.
“We are alerting the international community that a plan is underway to undermine the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Venezuela, in contravention of the Charter of the United Nations and its principles and purposes,” the government institutions said in a joint statement Friday.
“This is a call to all of our peoples of Our America in the face of serious aggressions against our country.”
EU Condemns Israel’s West Bank Demolitions Policy
In a rare condemnation from the European Union, the regional body expressed its disapproval of Israel’s demolition of Palestinian homes in the occupied West Bank.
At a meeting last week with the Israeli foreign ministry’s newly appointed director general, Ambassador Lars Faaborg-Andersen had stern words for the apartheid state, saying it was failing in its international legal obligations and needed to change policy.
“The practice of enforcement measures such as forced transfers, evictions, demolitions and confiscations of homes and humanitarian assets (including EU-funded) and the obstruction of delivery of humanitarian assistance are contrary to Israel’s obligations under international law,” Faaborg-Andersen said, with envoys from all EU member states present, as reported by Reuters.
“We therefore call on Israel, as the occupying power, to meet its obligations vis-à-vis the Palestinian population … completely stop these demolitions and confiscations and allow full access of humanitarian assistance.”
The EU took notice of the issue when Israel issued demolition orders last month against 42 homes in the Bedouin village of Khan al-Ahmar, east of Jerusalem. EU member states Belgium and Italy have funded a school and helped build structures there.
Israel insists the deliberate destruction of Palestinian homes is necessary because the building was constructed out without a permit in an area of the West Bank known as Area C, where Israel retains full colonial control. Some 60 percent of the West Bank is part of Area C.
The EU has countered that by saying Israel rarely issues permits in Area C. The body expressed concern that by blocking Palestinian development there, it is actively undermining the viability of any future Palestinian state.
While between 450 and 560 Palestinian structures were demolished each year from 2012 to 2015 in the area, the number jumped to 876 in 2016, and in January this year alone there were 121 demolitions, according to numbers from the United Nations.
Delegations from EU embassies have been visiting the site regularly to highlight their concern for the region.
“We’re not giving up,” said one EU diplomat to Reuters, while acknowledging that the process will be difficult. “We have to be realistic.”
MIT Researcher: Syria WMD ‘Facts’ Were Manufactured to Fit U.S. Conclusion for Ghouta in 2013
As the Western media and political leaders run to convict the Syrian Government in the court of political opinion over a recent alleged ‘Chemical Attack‘ in the Idlib Province in northwestern Syria this week, pro-war pundits across the US spectrum are attempting to rewrite history by falsely claiming that “Assad has crossed the Red Line again and must be stopped.” Once again, media charlatans and pro-war political opportunists are attempting to revise the events of August 21, 2013 in the Damascus suburb of the East Ghouta where a proven False Flag attack took place and which was subsequently used to build-up a pretext for the Obama and Cameron governments along their NATO, Gulf state allies to launch a new ‘humanitarian war’ against Syria – on the grounds that the Syrian government was “killing their own people.”
Back in December 2016, 21WIRE editor Patrick Henningsen interviewed MIT research affiliate and a former US Congressional staffer, Subrata Ghoshroy, to discuss his Analysis of the UN Report on Syria’s Chemical Weapons Incident in 2013 in East Ghouta, Damascus, and he also explains how unqualified persons posing as ‘experts’ were delivering bogus evidence to the UN at the time, which resulted in fraudulent conclusions in the UN report – which were then used to justify US and British calls for bombing in Syria. Ghoshroy also explains how the gathering information and data from a war zone continues to be serious problem fuelling Western media and political misinformation campaigns regarding the Syrian war in 2017.
The following is the Ghoshroy interview segment from Episode #165 of SUNDAY WIRE recorded in December 2016. Listen:
The following are links and factual reports publicly available which show how the alleged “Sarin Attack” in 2013 was in fact the work of western and Gulf-backed ‘opposition rebels’ (terrorists) and not the Assad government – facts which are routinely ignored by CNN, BBC and the entirety of the western mainstream media – because they do not fit into the western ‘regime change’ and US-led military intervention narrative:
Julie Lévesque and Prof Michel Chossudovsky
Swedish Doctors for Human Rights
Patrick Henningsen (2013 chlorine incident)
More on the MIT study debunking West theory on Ghouta:
*Guide: Mainstream Media Fake News Which Leads to Wars – By Patrick Henningsen
READ MORE SYRIA NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Syria Files