US top diplomat repeats allegations against Iran

Tue Aug 1, 2017 7:2PM
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson looks on during a meeting at the State Department in Washington, DC, on July 27, 2017. (Photo by AFP)
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson looks on during a meeting at the State Department in Washington, DC, on July 27, 2017. (Photo by AFP)

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is repeating the Trump administration’s anti-Iran allegations.

Speaking to reporters at the State Department on Tuesday, he American top diplomat accused Tehran of violating spirit of the nuclear deal, which also involves the UK, Russia, Germany, China, and France.

The US has recently imposed new sanctions on Iran based on the argument, citing Iran’s missile program and claims of “destabilizing” the region.

This is while the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has on numerous occasions confirmed Iran’s full compliance with the nuclear agreement.

Tillerson, a former ExxonMobil CEO, said he would seek to counter what he claimed was Iran’s “expansionist” policies by turning to Washington’s friends in the Middle East.

Iran has been at the vanguard of efforts to fight Takfiri terrorism supported by some of the US regional allies.

Tehran also argues that the sanctions imposed on Iran last month are a violation of the JCPOA.

Earlier on Tuesday, Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani said the Islamic Republic has lodged a complaint with the joint commission supervising implementation of Iran’s nuclear deal with six world powers over the new sanctions.

US President Donald Trump, who has backed the sanctions, has warned Tehran of “big, big problems” in the face of the violation of the accord.

In a report on July 27, The New York Times  said Trump was “frustrated that his national security aides have not given him any options on how the United States can leave the Iran nuclear deal, [therefore he] has instructed them to find a rationale for declaring that the country is violating the terms of the accord.”



Report: 670,000 expats to leave Saudi Arabia in 3 years

Flag of Saudi Arabia [File photo]

Flag of Saudi Arabia [File photo]
3.6K
SHARES

About 670,000 foreign workers are expected to leave Saudi Arabia by 2020, a report prepared by Banque Saudi Fransi revealed.

According to the report, 165,000 expats are expected to leave the country every year, the Saudi newspaper Mecca reported on its website.

In addition, it said that the new fees imposed on the companions of the workers would add about $20 billion to the budget over the next three years.

Read: Saudi Arabia launches military industries company

There are approximately 11.7 million foreigners in Saudi Arabia; 7.4 million work and the remaining 4.3 million are companions. They make up approximately 1.1 families.

Authorities began collecting fees from companions on July 1 at the time of the renewal of their ID cards. Companions now pay 100 riyals a month ($26.66), due to become 400 riyals ($106.66) a month by 2020.

The kingdom has launched an economic plan to reduce its dependence on oil and diversify its economy. Vision 2030 has seen the country impose taxes, including value added taxes to goods, increase fees and charges and setup new industries including arms manufacturing.


——————————————————

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s